Just realized you put this in the Ukraine bundle. That's freakin awesome guys! I already bought the first two on steam but when my steam deck comes I'll try the new linux version of this on it, thanks!
Angry Video Game Nerd I&II Deluxe
A downloadable AVGN Deluxe for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NOW AVAILABLE ON ITCH!!
The Angry Video Game Nerd has been sucked into Game Land! It’s up to you to guide him through three terrible and treacherous retro game worlds!
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures and Angry Video Game Nerd II: Assimilation come together for the ultimate Nerd experience! FreakZone Games and Screenwave Media Games presents the definitive way to play the series… Angry Video Game Nerd I & II Deluxe!
This deluxe collection brings you every stage from both famously tough action platform games, remixed & re-balanced—plus an all-new, never-before-seen final chapter for the ultimate experience in nerd rage.
- Enhanced Visuals!
- Experience the 8-bit ugliness in a whole new way.
- Updated Game Engine!
- And by updated, we mean "Rebuilt the first game from the ground up in the superior second game's engine." Trust us, it feels better.
- Improved level design and difficulty options!
- Both games are infamously hard-as-nails, but Normal and Easy difficulties come with infinite lives, so take as many attempts as you need to beat the challenge. Level designs have been improved upon to really nail the balance between tough and fair. Or perhaps you loved the limited lives and ludicrous overuse of instant-death blocks in the original release? We've got you covered. Just select "Old School" or higher from the difficulty menu and you'll be cursing the developers' name in no time.
- Quality of Life Improvements!
- Faster respawning (When you die, which will be often, you'll just pop right back out of the Toaster and get on with your day, just like nature intended!), multiple save slots, accessibility options and more mean that anybody can take on the challenge.
- New Chapter, Completing The Story!
- "Wait, the game had a story" You ask? To which we say: ...Kinda! But there's more of it now! Beat both games to unlock the epic finale!
- And more!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Mar 19, 2021|
|Tags||2D, Comedy, Difficult, Funny, one-hit-kill, Remake, Retro, satire, Violent|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Steam, Community, Homepage, Steam, Twitter, YouTube|
In order to download this AVGN Deluxe you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- LINUX DRM Free Version Now Available!Apr 05, 2022
- AVGN 1 & 2 Deluxe is Now Available to Purchase on Itch!Feb 21, 2022
- AVGN 1 & 2 Deluxe Receive Limited Run Games Release!Dec 01, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
YEAH! Be sure to check out Dumpy & Bumpy and LOVE 2: kuso which were also included in the Ukraine bundle! Hope you enjoy the updates in this Deluxe version :)
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
Linux DRM Free version of AVGN Deluxe 1 & 2 is now available for download! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!
I ordered a physical copy for Switch, but seeing this game in the bundle was a wonderful surprise. Thanks!
This is fantastic! Also really loved seeing the game included in the Bundle for Ukraine supporting a great cause.
Thanks for putting it on itch.io and even better putting it in the Ukraine bundle.
hey everyone - thanks for your suggestions! looking into this now with FreakZone Games to see if we can get a Linux build suitable for itch.io.
Game works pretty great with default wine on Linux, Linux native version would be nice though.
Can we get a Linux version of this? The standalone releases had Linux versions but not this bundle.
Will the Linux version be added?